vSphere Client (HTML5, vSphere 6.5 and later)
- Start the vSphere Client and log into the vCenter Server system.
- In the Hosts and Clusters view, Select the vCenter Server object that contains the ESXi hosts from which you want to export logs.
- Right-click the vCenter Server object and select Export System Logs..., or
- Select the ACTIONS link and select Export System Logs...
- Select the ESXi hosts from which you want to export logs.
- Select the Include vCenter Server and vSphere UI Client logs option.
- Click the Next button.
- Select Gather performance data to include performance data information in the log files.
Note: You can update the duration and interval time between which you want to collect the data. Here also you can see an option for entering a password for encrypted core dumps.
Click the EXPORT LOGS button to save the bundle to your local computer.
Note: The host or vCenter Server generates .zip bundles containing the log files. The Recent Tasks panel shows the Generate diagnostic bundles task in progress.
Collecting diagnostic information for ESX/ESXi hosts and vCenter Server using the vSphere Web Client (2032892) (vmware.com)