Root cause is still under investigation.
Possible reflection issue,
An alert will show up on the affected VPGs:
Recovery volume size (0 GB) doesn't match protected volume size (XX GB) for VM.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This issue is a cosmetic issue. The VPGs will still be in a 'Meeting SLA' status, unless they have other errors on them. The checkpoints will also be generated normally, even with this error being active.
Basically, the VPG will show in a red status but will still function as it has before the error showed up, since the disks are not really 0 Bytes.
The least intrusive workaround which works all the time, is to restart the DR VRA which contains the disk within it. It will clear the alert immediately as soon as the VRA comes back online (when the GUI catches it as functional again, so it can take a few short minutes depending on the VRA and the environment's size).
Other methods include the below steps (only use the below if the issue is not resolved with the above step!):
- Edit the relevant VPG.
- Click on the 'Storage' tab.
- Check the box on the .VMDK that is relevant to the error and click "Edit".
- Choose a new datastore > click 'OK'.
- Click 'Done' in the main VPG edit screen (should be located at the bottom right side).
- Accept the warning message that you will be svMotioning data.
- The VPG will go into an updating status and the svMotion of the disk/s will commence (disks will be moved from the previous datastore, to the newly selected one).
- Once the VPG completes the update, check the GUI and see whether the error has been removed successfully.
- If the error persists, open a ticket with AssureStor support.