The log partition on the VRA should clear itself out once it reaches its threshold.
In some instances, the log process can hang and take a longer time to delete automatically and therefore, generate an error. A customer might receive an error that the /mnt/logs mount of a VRA is full and needs to be manually cleared.
To recover from the error, you can either reboot the affected host or if rebooting the host is not an option, please perform the following:
1. Log into the relevant VRA.
2. Type the command 'df -h' to review the used size of the /mnt/logs mount.
3. If it is full, go into the mount by using the command cd /mnt/logs
4. Run the command 'rm core*' to delete the core log files.
5. Use 'df -h' again to verify that enough space was recovered.