Please perform the tests listed in our other KB articles (search for connectivity tests). If the tests pass successfully, continue to the next step.
- NOTE: Starting version 8.0, the ZVM to ZVM connectivity port was changed to 9071(previously it was 9081). If one site is running version 8.0 while the other is running 7.5, 9081 will be used.
Does any of the ZVMs have two NICS? Ensure that they are configured properly.
If you configured a Proxy within the ZVM, check that it’s properly configured.
If there is an Anti-Virus software running on the ZVM, please ensure that this is not affecting stability.
It is possible that the ZVM service is crashing, and as a result site disconnection is reported.
If the issue persists, please contact AssureStor support by opening a ticket and include the following:
- Screenshot of all the results of tests performed above.
- Confirm nothing was changed or added security wise. If necessary, involve your networking team and confirm that nothing was changed or added with them (some changes in FWs can cause communication to appear correct and functional, but in the back-end, packets could be altered to an extent it can drop the connection.
- Collect logs for ZVM disconnection as described below.
Follow steps below in order to collect the necessary logs for Zerto support to analysis ZVM connectivity issues.
- Open a case with AssureStor Support. Only after you opened a case collect the following logs
- You will have to run the log collector from each site
- RDP or remote console into the relevant ZVM VM. Open the Zerto Diagnostics Tool. If you can’t find it under the search bar, you may find it under the Zerto installation directory (main root folder).
- Choose the first option ‘Collect Zerto logs for use by Zerto SUPPORT’and run through the Wizard and collect the following:
- ZVM: Local ZVM
- VRA: No
- Host: No
- Installation: No
- VSS: No
- Event Viewer: No
- Re-IP: No
- GUI: No
- Hypervisor: Yes
We may also require Wireshark dumps from both ZVMs. Please ask for the support engineer to provide an online repository to upload the dumps.