The following guide shows how to upgrade the firmware on an Infrascale appliance.
If the appliance you are upgrading is a physical appliance, there is little rollback that you can do. However, the RPM package system has built in rollback and therefore should protect against any failures. Virtual appliances can be snapshotted prior to the installation.
Note: You should always upgrade the primary appliance first, and when complete, advance to the secondary. Once you have updated an appliance, you cannot go back to a previous version.
- Go to Settings > Firmware Update and click install once the firmware upgrade is downloaded
- Read the terms and conditions and hit accept
- Press reboot and confirm the reboot of the appliance.
- The appliance will now show as being unable to connect. Close the window and go back to appliance dashboard. Wait 5 mins and refresh.
- Wait for the appliance to come back online and verify that it says that the appliance is running the latest version.
- Then, go ahead and perform this on the secondary.