A Grid DS-Client is a configuration of several DS-Client nodes working together with a common external PostgreSQL DS-Client database to balance the processing load in a high availability environment. From the DS-System perspective, the Grid DS-Client is a single DS-Client with the same registration information on each node. The private and account encryption keys are the same for all DS-Client nodes in a grid.
Automatically upgrading a 13.3 or 14.0 Grid DS-Client configuration to 14.1 will break the grid configuration because the installation will automatically install an embedded PostgreSQL database on the main node in the grid and will not update the existing external Microsoft SQL database.
To use an existing Microsoft SQL as the database for the Grid DS-Client, you must perform the following manual upgrade procedure (don't perform an auto-upgrade) to get the 14.1 Grid DS-Client to use an external Microsoft SQL database.
Using the DS-User application, log on to each Grid DS-Client.
- On the Setup menu, click Configuration.
- Click the Advanced Tab.
- Select the Miscellaneous category.
- Select the AllowAutoUpgrade parameter and set the value to No.
- Stop DS-Client Service on all nodes.
- Run the v14.1 installation on the first node as a standalone install and select the MSQQL Server option on the drop down menu. Don't start the DS-Client Service nor Launch the DS-User GUI at the end.
- Run the v14.1 installation on the remaining nodes as a standalone install and select the MSQQL Server option on the drop down menu. Make sure that you choose the option to keep existing database. Don't start the DS-Client Service nor Launch the DS-User GUI at the end.
- Go back to first node and run the Grid DS-Client Configuration tool, from the DS-Client programs menu bar.
- Input the Hostname, Internal and External IPs of the all nodes that make up Grid.
- Run the the Grid DS-Client Configuration tool, from the DS-Client programs menu bar on the remaining nodes of the Grid and all settings should be automatically populated.
- Start the DS-Client service on the all the nodes of the grid and launch the Classic DS-User GUI to connect to the Grid.. The grid will be fully functional with the external database using Asigra 14.1.