Symptoms1. Error:The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (\\SERVER\ADMIN$\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb)
The error is reported Backing up Windows files (System States and Services Database).
2. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (Open File Issue on NetApp CIFS)
The error is reported when backing up NetApp CIFS
3. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (C:\Windows\complusbackup\11262724\vsscontrolout.dat)
The error is reported during SQL VSS backup
Cause1. When file system backup is run which includes everything from C drive, some files belong to and are locked by different applications, so they cannot be backed up which is normal. Files may be excluded from being backed up and create a separate backup with the ability to use Volume Shadow Copy such BMR os SQL VSS or Exchange VSS.
2. The issue is related to the ONTAP version being backed up.
3. Some files are locked by different applications
Workaround1. Use VSS or use a Process Explorer tool to find out which process is accessing these files during backup and exclude them.
2. The API that the DS-Client using can only talk to ONTAP 7.3.5. 8.1 and 8.2.2. Verify if the API is compatible with the version supported by DS-Client.
This is most likely occurs because the DS-Client attempts to access the snapshot directly and NetApp volume is not configured to allow access to snapshots through CIFS. Re-configure each volume with the option 'Make Snapshot Directory (.snapshot) visible.
3. Try reboot the server or repair the VSS