By default, Zerto Virtual Replication will replicate RDMs (Raw Device Mapping) used by production VMs to VMDK files on the DR site. An administrator may want to configure Zerto to replicate an RDM in use by a protected VM to an RDM at the DR site, which is not the default behavior.
To choose to replicate an RDM to a remote RDM, use the following procedure:
- From the" VPG Summary Screen" in Zerto, choose “Actions” and “Edit”
- Select the relevant VM and click “Configure VM”
- Select the desired RDM device from the “Volumes” table
- Click on “Configure Selected Volume”
- From the “Configure Volume” screen, check the option of “RDM”
- Select the remote RDM to which you would like Zerto to replicate the protected RDM
Note that if a BusLogic SCSI controller is used, the option will be grayed out.