Symptoms:Please be aware of the following when pairing in ZVR 7.5:
- The authentication token when pairing is required. There is no way to circumvent this.
- No backwards compatibility. This means that a newly installed 7.0 site, and a newly installed 7.5 site will not be able to pair. Both sites must be on ZVR 7.5 in order to pair.
- Existing ZVR 7.0 sites that are already paired will not lose their pairing as a result of an upgrade.
- The pairing token expires after 48 hours.
- The pairing token can be used to pair a single site. If you have a second site to pair, you must generate a new token for that site.
- The token is validated and deleted when pairing is completed.
Since we have added security measures to pairing that require a token in ZVR 7.5+, pairing methods have been changed.
- The token is generated in the recipient site ZVM GUI (Sites > Generate Pairing Token). It presents a small window with the token and a button to copy the 32 character string to your clipboard.
- Share this token with the user at the requesting site (e.g. email / messenger)
- From the requesting site, navigate to the ZVM GUI (Sites > Pair). It presents a small window prompting for 3 items:
- Hostname / IP of the recipient ZVM
- Port (default 9081)
- Click Pair
*There are ways to increase / decrease the token complexity (length). There are also ways to increase / decrease the expiration period for a token. Please contact Zerto Support for details on how to do this.