SymptomsThe error may be reported when attempting a backup for SQL Server backup sets configured with pipe option for database dump.
Causea) The Windows user configured for backup set credentials is not member of local Administrators group on the computer holding the SQL Server instance to be backed up.
b) The computer holding the SQL Server instance to be backed up runs Windows Vista or newer and the UAC is turned on (so administrative shares cannot be accessed remotely).
Workarounda) Ensure the user is member of local Administrators group and that it has granted the sysadmin role on the SQL Server instance to be backed up.
b) Turn off the UAC on the backup target computer or follow the steps below:
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy for the name of the DWORD, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor and restart the backup target computer.