What to do if you can't see the Archive Drive under Archive > Libraries, but you can see it under System > RAID.
- If the drive shows in System > RAID but not Archive > Libraries, you need to "Offline" and then "Rescan" the Archive drive under System > RAID.
- Note - the drive in System > RAID may show as "incorrect format". Once the fix above is applied, the drive should show as formatted properly and any data on the drive should be accessible again.
- If you are unable to select the drive in System > RAID to "Offline" and "Rescan" it, you may want to try rebooting your appliance using System > Settings > Reboot.
- Warning- this will cause any current backup job in progress to cancel. You will have to manually archive the jobs on that list.
- If you are unable to reboot- contact Eversync Support for further assistance with manually ejecting/rescanning the drive.
- Note - When the appliance comes back up, the drive should be seen in the Archive > Libraries location (after selecting the proper library, of course).
- If it then shows as a "Foreign Disk":
- Select the Icon on the far right that shows "Manage Disk" when you roll over the image > Select the "Prepare Disk For Removal" Button. The disk will then disappear from the archive bay.
- Go to System > RAID > Select the "Rescan" button. The archive drive should reappear. Check to make sure it does not show as a foreign disk. (Note- if it is a brand new disk with no data, this is actually expected and you need to format the drive. Otherwise, you should be able to see the space left on the drive.)
- If the drive doesn't have data on it: Go to System > RAID > Select the Archive Drive that is showing as black (select the Blue tab next to it) > Select "Reformat"
- If the drive DOES have data on it that needs to be saved/recovered, please contact Eversync Support.
- If the drive turns green, check Archive > Libraries
- If the drive is now visible, select the "Manage Disk" icon to the right of the drive info and "Test and Initialize" the drive to correct the formatting.
- If the drive is still not visible, or if the "Test and Initialize" fails, contact Eversync Support for additional troubleshooting.
Troubleshooting Error Messages:
ERROR: out of memory
- Archive Disk fails with the following error:com.rvx.backup.archive.ArchiveException: com.rvx.db.DatabaseException: SELECT insp('/') Cause:org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: out of memory Detail: Failed on request of size 20.
- This seems to involve the database on the archive, and typically occurs when little or no previous data is present on the drive. Previously, this error occurred on a new disk and was resolved by reformatting the disk. If this error is seen on a disk with data that needs to be recovered, please contact Support for further assistance.