SQL is a top-3 most popular database type for applications in all industries: ecommerce, business analytics, healthcare, defense, etc.
In this article, you'll learn how to easily configure the dr2cloud Appliance to backup your SQL Databases in a few easy steps.
What you'll need:
- A configured dr2cloud Appliance on the same LAN as your SQL Database (DB).
- A configured client on the machine upon which your SQL DB is running.
- Desired schedule and retention policies for your SQL DB
How it works:
- Once you've setup a client for the machine upon which your SQL DB is running, navigate to your 'Clients' Tab within the Appliance Management Console.
- Select 'Edit'
- Check the box next to the appropriate client.
- Click the Edit icon next to the 'Fileset'
- Leave the box checked to run a full backup if the fileset is modified in the futre.
- Leave the box checked to use VSS writters.
- Check the box to "Override/Enable" the SQL plugin (at the bottom)
- Delete the default Dir Selection of "C:\" at the bottom.
- Apply Changes.
- Set your desired Full and Incremental schedule.
- Set your desired Full and incremental retention policy.
- Select "Apply" to save the settings.
- Select "Activate Configuration" to apply the new settings.
That's it, you'll now have your SQL DBs protected to your dr2cloud Appliance (and offsite, if you have dr2cloud Failover services and enabled the offsite replication."