The connection between DS-Client and DS-System is interrupted after 40 minutes to 1.5 hours. The interruption is ussually accompaned with the error mesages in Event log on the DS-Client side:
- Lost connection to DS-System, or
- Connection dropped - Message failed, or
- Closing socket (no response to KeepAlive ..., or
- Software caused connection abort
DS-System Event log has the following errors:
- An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket, or
- Connection reset by peer;
- There is not enough space on the disk;
- Backup Process stopped because of low storage space.
1. The connection between DS-Client and DS-System is cut by a firewall.
2. Some network devices do not keep a connection opened if no data transfer for a period of time (e.g. 1 or 2 minutes).
3. Not enought space on the storage for the running backup sets.
1. Check Firewall configuration in terms of the Time-To-Live (TTL) parameters (Increase the TTL to 3 hours or more).
2. Check network devices/ISP configuration in terms of keeping the opened connection even if there is no data transfer for some time, (increase the time after connection idile is closed from 2 min to 10 min).
3. Check the avaliable volume on the storage and compare this volume with the running backup sets total size at the time, when the error appears.