An administrator may want to move a VM from one VPG to another VPG. This article will cover the proper steps on how to accomplish this.
- Locate the VPG that contains the VM that you wish to move to another VPG.
- Select Edit.
- Highlight the VM in the table on the Manage VPG screen and click the Remove button
- A warning appears stating "You are about to remove this VM from the VPG." Click OK.
- Remove all VMs from this VPG that are to be moved to another VPG.
- When prompted, select the option to keep the target disks for this VM, then click OK.
- Once completed, click Save.
- Navigate to the VPG to which you wish to add the previously removed VMs. If you are adding the VMs to a new VPG, select Create New VPG from the Site Summary screen.
- Choose to Edit the VPG and add the VMs removed from the previous VPG.
You will want to follow the directions in the article Preseeding Volumes.
- For assistance on locating the disks removed from the previous VPG, to be used as preseeded disks, see the Recovery Volume Directory Structure article.
- Once all volumes have been configured for all VMs you wish to add to the VPG, select Save.