When providing a Microsoft SQL Server database backup using the OBRM client, the following error appears during the backup session:
<<Backup failed for Server 'SQL_SERVER_INSTANCE_NAME'. Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The server principal "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" is not able to access the database "DATABASE_NAME" under the current security context.>>
- open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio;
- connect to the SQL Server instance SQL_SERVER_INSTANCE_NAME where backed up databases run;
- In Object Explorer go to Security > Logins and locate NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
- do mouse right click > Properties:
- go to "User Mapping" page > choose a needed user database, check box db_backupoperator, click OK:
- in a case when several databases within the instance should be backed up, locate them at "User Mapping" page, check and add db_backupoperator role as at the previous step
Re-start backup session after the above steps provided and check whether it runs without problems for all chosen databases.
Please, contact support if the issue persists.