An administrator may need to remove an ESX host with Zerto Virtual Replication installed from vCenter inventory. This article explains the procedure for doing so.
To remove an ESX host with Zerto Virtual Replication installed from vCenter inventory, follow these steps:
- If using Zerto Virtual Replication version 2.0 Update 4, or later, use the Change Host feature, and proceed to step 4 - otherwise proceed to step 2.
- Delete the relevant VPGs and be sure to choose to keep the target disks - this should be done for VPGs that are either protected by this host or replicating to this host. See Remove a VPG While Preserving Recovery Volumes.
- Uninstall the host's VRA via the ZVR interface
- vMotion or power off all VMs on the host
- Place the host into vSphere Maintenance Mode
- Remove the host from the cluster