An AMQP server is required for Zerto Virtual Replication-vCloud Director integration. For a Windows-based AMQP server, Zerto recommends using RabbitMQ, a free open source product which runs on Erlang/OTP runtime. Prior to Zerto Virtual Replication installation in a vCD environment, the Zerto Virtual Replication AMQP installer, along with Erlang/OTP and RabbitMQ installers, must be run. An administrator may come upon an AMQP connectivity issue when working with Zerto Virtual Replication in an environment where vCloud Director is used, either during the installation or when AMQP was previously configured and functional. This article explains the necessary troubleshooting steps.
Note: Be sure that Erlang/OTP R15B01 (not R15B02) is used during initial installation ? version R15B02 has a known bug that interferes with RabbitMQ services creation.
If a connectivity issue is encountered while installing Zerto Virtual Replication, refer to the Unable to Verify AMQP Connectivity During Installation article.
To enable the RabbitMQ web-based GUI, refer to Install RabbitMQ GUI. Once the RabbitMQ GUI has been installed, proceed with the following troubleshooting steps:
- Verify that the Zerto Virtual Manager (ZVM) is unable to connect to the AMQP server.
- Verify that the IP address credentials for the AMQP are correct.
- Verify that there is no proxy (either in Internet Explorer?s LAN settings, or DNS settings) that might be blocking the connection.
- Login to the vCD interface > Administration > Blocking Tasks > Settings - verify AMQP Broker Settings are configured properly via the "Test Connectivity" button.
Verify that the Exchange and Queue previously created by the Zerto Virtual Replication AMQP Installer are listed properly in RabbitMQ:
If the exchange "VCD" does exist, check the Queues list - if you don't see a queue matching either "ZertoVcdQueue", or a previously entered queue associated with "t_VCloudNotificationAMQPQueue" in the tweaks file, create one. If the creation fails, configure a "tweak" as follows:
Login to the RabbitMQ web-based GUI (http://server-name:15672/mgmt credentials = guest / guest).
- For versions of RabbitMQ prior to 3.x, the GUI is available at: http://server-name:55672/mgmt
- Click the "Exchanges" tab.
- If the exchange "VCD" does not exist, create it manually, and check to see if the connectivity issue is resolved.
- On the ZVM, browse to: C:Program Files (x86)ZertoZerto Virtual Replication.
- Open "tweaks.txt" (recommended to open with WordPad and right-clicking to select 'run as administrator').
- Create a new line: t_VCloudNotificationAMQPQueue = "ZertoVcdQueue";.
- Save "tweaks.txt".
- Go to Start > Run > "services.msc".
- Locate the "Zerto Virtual Manager" service and restart it.
- Check to see if the connectivity issue is resolved - if it is not, contact Zerto Support.